new guy!

Please introduce yourself and Celica or ride(s).
change

new guy!

Post by change »

Hey all. Stumbled accross this site. I don't have a 1st gen celica (yet). Currently looking around and trying to find a straight liftback. It might be a bit till I get one as im holding out for the right one. Lol. Not really the type to jump at the first one I find. Well my name is brandon. Been into alot of stuff. Currently I own 2 celicas. One 84 gts vert with a 22re and auto trans and a 85 gt with a 22r and 5 speed. Neither of them get drivin alot. The verts roof was knifed to $#!+ by some theives and the 85 was never really intended to be driven lol 500 Bux all it needed was a new timing chain cover. Which has been replaced but I left it with my parents so they would have two cars. That and moving it with my other 2 projects when I movedwould have been a pain lol.

My main dd is a 91 honda crx si. Nothing special just lowered with intake header and exhaust. Nothig loud or fast Haha.

My main project at the moment is my 79 Datsun 620 pickup. Bringing this thing back to life. Its been fun. My first sueto restoration lol. It is just getting rust and body cleaned up then getting a ka24 motor swapped in soon. This trucks long term goal is to be my dd while I can build a celica.

I love old jdm themed cars. I love the vintage look to them. Since I got my truck and got into datsuns newer imports just dont do it for me. I have been a honda kid for the most part. Few of my projects were a 94 civic hatch: d15z1 with a jdm d15b head cam, port, forged pistons, boosted at 17 psi. Dyno at 310 whp. 95 civic si hatch: jdm b18c (integra type r), cams, dc mani, skunk2 intake mani, fujita intake, apex-i exhaust, tokicos and ground controls, fully built suspension. My auto cross project and ran high 14's .

Anyways excited to get my first 1st gen! I will be lurking this forum learnig what I can that way when I find one I can do her right. Just thought I would let u all kno who I was. If u guys are interested in seeing any of my current projects or past ones lemme kno. Don't have mug on the celicas as they are parked in southern oregon and I don't live there anymore. I will be visiting my parents soon maybe I will grab a couple shots but there isn't much to see as they are all stock.
faffi

Re: new guy!

Post by faffi »

welcome to the forum,
do you have some photo's of your cars?
change

Post by change »

The red one is my crx dd. Don't mind the dohc vtec stickers. Previous owner put those on. Lol its all stock for the most part.
My black si with a b18c swap
My 94 turbo civic.
My current project: 79 Datsun king cab
faffi

Post by faffi »

nice cars ,
love the DATSUN :shock:
the crx are fun to drive,
the onlything thats missing is a 1stgen :doh:
smiley

Post by smiley »

Hello, Santos just listed a great starter car, for an even better price. Won't find that deal very often...Mike